Specialist in-house fabrication services
T R Freeman has its own in-house fabrication facilities which means we can give clients greater certainty on project delivery times than the industry norm.
Our workshop in Cambridge is operated by skilled trades people who have built up their knowledge and experience of different roofing fabrications over many years, having learnt their craft initially as apprentices via the company’s training scheme.
The project drawings for roofing fabrication, manufacture and installation are produced in Auto-CAD by T R Freeman’s in-house Design team. The team in the workshop then interprets and develops the drawings - undertaking sheet metal forming, bending, cutting, computer aided plasma cutting and welding, as required - to produce flashings, cappings, down pipes, rain water hoppers, louvres and other bespoke roofing components.
Benefits of in-house fabrication include:
- faster scheduling and response to design changes
- increased flexibility and quicker turnaround times
- tighter co-ordination of manufacture and delivery
- off-site prefabrication of roofing trays, flashings and trims
- production of support steelwork
- production of project specific, bespoke profiles.